As part of a grant from the Indiana State Library, the Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library has begun digitizing its microfilm collection of newspapers from the Indiana Boys' School from the 1930's. The newspaper, called the Indiana Boys' School Herald, was produced by the boys themselves, and included news about the boys as well as the employees (many of whom were Hendricks County residents). The digital images and transcriptions of the articles are hosted at Indiana Memory, the Indiana State Library's repository for digital collections from across the state.
The Indiana Boys' School was a state correctional institution established in Plainfield in 1867 to reform male juvenile offenders through education and job training. The records of the institution are held by the Indiana State Archives - see their database of inmates from 1867 through 1937.