Entries from the Indiana Boys' School enumeration have been added to the database Every-Name Index of 1940 Census for Hendricks County, Indiana, which is on the Hendricks County GenWeb site. The Indiana Boys' School was started in Plainfield in 1867 to reform male juvenile offenders through education. Originally known as the "House of Refuge for Juvenile Offenders," its name was later changed to the Indiana Reform School for Boys and finally the Indiana Boys' School. Judges from courts across Indiana could commit boys to the school if they had been charged with a crime or with being delinquent.
This database is not complete - more entries will be added. When finished, the database will include every person listed in the 1940 Hendricks County census.