Friday, April 15, 2011

OBITUARY: Mrs. George Bolt (1899)

from the Jamestown Press (Jamestown, Indiana) – issue of Friday, March 17, 1899 – page 3, column 3:

Burned to Death
Mrs. George Bolt was burned so badly at Brownsburg on Wednesday of last week by a coal oil explosion while lighting the fire in the cook stove that she died from the effects of it during the day. The fire had been started and went out and she undertook to rekindle it with coal oil. The house was also destroyed, entailing the loss of about $1000 and the life of one person and almost that of another – Clyde Bell, brother of Mrs. Bolt, who carried her out of the house.

[Transcriber’s Note: Mrs. George Bolt may be Grace J. Bell who married George W. Bolt in Hendricks County in 1897].

No comments:

Post a Comment